Monday, July 13, 2009

New Mantel Display

Christmas in July is a great concept for someone who loves Christmas, so I'm glad for this opportunity to share my nativity collecting interest.

The living room was painted just a few days ago. In putting the room back together I decided to change the mantel display. The previous display was a 7-piece nativity set hand crafted in USA. Done in soft pastel colored glass, range in height from 4 to 11 inches. The new mantel display is Department 56 porcelain village "Little Town of Bethlehem." There are three lighted buildings and several figures.



At Christmas time I would use an evergreen garland, but for now I placed an ivy garland behind the nativity scene.

Previously this set was displayed on a shelf which divided the living room from the hall stairs.

The change of wall color from off-white to light green and the change to the porcelain nativity makes me happy. I will post about the color metamorphosis on my main blog next week.

Metamorphosis Monday, is hosted by Susan of Between Naps on the Porch. Go there for a listing of more transformations.

4 comments:

  1. Carrie, I'm so happy to see this wonderful Nativity. I miss your posts on this blog, and I'm glad they have Christmas in July so I can see more of your Christmas collection.

    XO,

    Sheila :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great mantel ! I don't have a fireplace - So I just love yours !
    Hugs ~ Kammy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your nativity buildings they look authentic-where did you get that?
    Cheri
    www.itssoverycheri.blogspot.com
    July GIVE AWAY all month

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cheri – This 1988 Dept. 56 Bethlehem was bought at a Christmas Memories gift store. This 1988 set was complete and had no additional pieces available.
    Then in 2000 a new larger set came out, also called Little Town of Bethlehem, but it had many, many separate pieces. I still haven’t completed the set yet. I have to do a post on this other set.
    Carrie

    ReplyDelete