It's time for a second Holiday Giveaway from Carola Nativity Gallery blog. At the hospital thrift shop I found a small nativity scene which will be the first item in this giveaway.
1. A ‘vintage’ white ceramic nativity scene. I have a similar set made for me by my secretary’s mother in 1994. The person who made this set used a greenish glaze on the white ceramic. The 15-piece set includes
Mary, Joseph, Baby Jesus
Three Wise Men
The second item is another collector's plate from a series based on the stained glass windows at Chartres Cathedral.
2. Christmas plate from France - part of the "Noel Vitrail" series by D'Arceau Limoges. 1979 L'Adoration Des Rois (The Adoration of Kings). It is in original packaging with certificate.
This Holiday Giveaway is open to any blogger from one of the lower forty-eight United States.
Just leave a comment to this post on one of the questions below. Write your comment between now and 10 p.m. ET Thursday December 11, 2008. Please include your name and a way to reach you if you win.
Choose one question for comment to this post. If you entered the first holiday Giveaway, please choose a different question on which to comment.
1. Do you set up a nativity scene or have some other nativity item such as a plate, a framed print, music box, one-piece sculpture, or some other item to remind on the reason for the season? Tell a bit about it.
2. What is your favorite Bible text about Christ’s coming as a babe to be our Savior? Why?
3. Are you a collector of Christmas ornaments or other holiday item such as angels? Tell a bit about it.
4. Do you have any suggestions for topic for future posts on this blog – Carola Nativity Gallery?
You only need to comment on one (1) of the above questions between now and December 11 at 10 p.m. Eastern Time.
I will draw two names. The person whose name is drawn first can choose which of the two items to receive. The second person will receive the item that is left.
Contact me if you have any questions. I would appreciate you spreading the word about this giveaway. You may wish to add the picture at the top to your post or to your sidebar.