Thursday, November 13, 2008

Trim the Tree Thursday - Hallmark Mini Ornaments


For the past two or three Christmases I placed my collection of tiny angel ornaments by Hallmark on a tiny tree. The tree is just 12 inches tall and works just well for the tiny ornaments. Vintage glass balls from thrift and antique stores fill out the branches.


Here is a close-up of the ornaments.

The tree is set in a square holiday tin. In front is the Hallmank Merry Miniature nativity, which is in five pieces – Mary and Joseph together, Jesus in his manger crib, and three separate Wee Three Kings.

Another 12-inch tree holds nativity ornaments. A pierced gold star tops the tree.
Note the tiny nativities. Vintage glass balls fill out the lighted branches


Under the tree is a small stained glass nativity scene

More Trim a Tree Thursday posts are listed at Brettinsky’s blog.

4 comments:

  1. CUTE CUTE CUTE - can I come over to your house for Christmas?!

    p.s. WHEW! I am glad I am not the only with the "whale" issue! ;)

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that stained glass nativity! OOH-it is beautiful!

    Sorry I saw this too late-next week we can definitely list both blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your mini trees are just lovely! I have some of those Hallmark minis on a vintage tree.

    ReplyDelete